Thursday, January 25, 2018

Tasting - Estrella Cabarnet Sauvignon

Name: Estrella Cabarnet Sauvignon
Variety: Cabarnet Sauvignon
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2014
Price: Frontline $17 sale, $5.95

Store Review: Bright medium dark garnet color. Fruity, creamy, attractive aromas and flavors of berry and cherry custard pies, watermelon, and chocolate and floral honey with a silky, vibrant, fruity medium body and a smooth, interesting, medium-length spiced blueberries and cherries and vanilla custard finish with soft tannins and light oak. A very smooth, charming, and fruity cabernet crowd pleaser.

My Review: This wine was a delight, with a lot of nuance and something that I believe most people would find approachable. It was a bit sweeter than the other red that I tasted just before it, making it a bit more of something I would bring for someone whose tastes I wasn't sure of. There were plenty of nice fruit flavors, making tasting this wine nice and pleasant.

I tried this wine on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment