Thursday, March 22, 2018

Tasting - Clara Benegas Chardonnay

Name: Clara Benegas Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2016
Price: $8.95

Store Review: A crisp, unoaked chardonnay with a hint of Sauvignon Blanc coming from the cold region of Mendoza in the Uco Balley. Clear and bright with greenish hues. On the nose it is fragrant and elegant with fresh citrus aromas as well as fruit such as passion fruit, pineapple, and white pear. Soft on the mouth with gentle acidity and a marked, pleasant aftertaste. Enjoy with seafood dishes, white meats, or simply as an aperitif.

My Review: This wine did not smell particularly pleasant to me, though I could not quite put my finger on what it was. It almost smelled like fruit that was no longer fresh. The flavor in the mouth was mellow yet tart at the same time, with a nice citrus-y note.
I tried it on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment