Thursday, February 15, 2018

Tasting - Castle Rock Sonoma Pinot Noir

Name: Castle Rock Sonoma Pinot Noir
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: Sonoma, Calfornia
Country: United States
Year: 2011
Price: $8.95

Store Review:  Dark ruby color. Aromas of chocolate covered berries, dates, grilled pepper, cedar, and a touch of peppered ham with a supple, dry-yet-fruity medium body and a cherry tart and dark roasted nut finish. Very tasty and well balanced.

My Review: I did not care much for this wine. It had a smell that reminded me of dark berries yet not in a particularly pleasant way, and the flavor was earthy. It had the taste of a forest floor, with something like mushroom flavors to it. If I were to drink this wine again, I would need to pair it with something to freshen it up a bit.

I tried it on its own with no food.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this useful information with us about Castle rock wines. I hope you will share more information with us about other wines. We also provide the wines in Sonoma. If u think Where To Taste Wine In Sonoma. Don't worry come taste and enjoy wine parties in sonoma.

    ReplyDelete