Thursday, February 22, 2018

Tasting - WildLife Shiraz

Name: WildLife Shiraz
Variety: Shiraz
Region: Swartland
Country: South Africa
Year: 2013
Price: $4.95

Store Review: Often referred to as Shiraz Country, the Riebeek Valley is renowned for exceptional Shiraz wines. WildLife Shiraz is a lively rich wine; full-bodied with a subdued smokiness on the nose and a palate of ripe fruit and interesting spice. Well-balanced and smooth, the aftertaste lingers with the exciting flavors of chocolate and spice.

My Review: I am beginning to get the impression that I simply do not like the South African style of winemaking. Though it had a nice aroma to it, smelling smoky and of red fruits like a good classic red, it was a little strange in its taste for me. The smokiness and spiciness came across in the taste, but overall wasn't for me.
I tried this wine on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment