Thursday, February 8, 2018

Tasting - Schwarz Barossa Valley Rose

Name: Schwarz Barossa Valley Rose
Variety: Grenache and Mataro
Region: Barossa Valley
Country: Australia
Year: 2015
Price: $6.95

Store Review: Made from a blend of Grenache and Mataro, this pale pink rosé is definitely a wine to enjoy with friends. Perfectly pale pink in colour with soft strawberry and elements of musk and perfume. The palate shows a macerated strawberry component that makes for a great point of interest

My Review: This wine was very pleasant, though again much more dry than most roses that I have had experience with in the past. It had a light apricot aroma to it and its flavors were fairly subtle for me, though I was able to pick up some strawberry.

I tried this wine on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment